The data controller of your personal information is Azoncloud.
Azoncloud may collect information about you as follows:
- By registering an account, we may collect information provided at the time of registration (name, company name, address, telephone number, and email address).
- By linking our services to a third-party account, we may collect information from that account such as any authentication tokens involved in authorization.
- If you contact us, we may collect data regarding your correspondence.
- We may collect details of your transactions involved in the fulfillment of orders. Azoncloud does not store your financial information on our systems. Your financial information is stored with our third-party payment processors.
Azoncloud does, however, have access to, and may retain, your information through our third-party payment processors.
- When you visit our website we may capture your IP address, time of and duration of visit, and time and duration of the pages on our website that you view. We may tie this information to personally identifiable information we have about
- When using our services, we may collection information about your utilization, such as processor, memory, storage, and network usage.
Use of Information
We will use your personally identifiable information only as follows:
- For transaction processing.
- To provide customer support.
- To provide, maintain, improve, and expand our services.
- To understand and analyze how you use our services.
- For fraud checking, reporting, and other screening methods involving third-party companies in order to verify information submitted to us.
- To enforce the Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP") in the detection, prevention, and resolving of abuse.
- For IP usage reporting to ARIN.
- To announce special offers or provide other information from time to time via email.
- To improve our service and the marketing of our service. For example, we may use the information we gather from user surveys, demographic data, and website visits to help us improve or target our website and customize your visit.
If you register an account through an affiliate referral link, we may share information with your referrer to let them know that you used their referral to order service.
We may also place a "cookie" that will identify you to us as a repeat visitor or a customer when you visit our website. A cookie is an alphanumeric identifier that is unique to your browser. The cookie will identify your browser to us
when you visit our website so that we may customize your visit.
We will not provide any personally identifiable information about you to any third-party other than:
- a law enforcement or regulatory agency as requested via subpoena;
- a potential business acquirer as part of any proposed merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or
more third-parties as one of our business assets;
- third parties who perform services on our behalf (such as payment processing), subject to the third party agreeing with us that it will keep your personally identifiable information confidential;
- a fraud detection/prevention service such as FraudRecord or MaxMind;
- as otherwise needed to protect or enforce the rights of others.
Azoncloud utilizes FraudRecord and MaxMind to screen new orders for previous fraudulent activity or misbehavior, and to report existing customers who violate our Terms of Service. In case of a violation, determined as such solely at our
discretion, you may be reported to FraudRecord and/or MaxMind for misbehavior.
Legal Basis for Information Processing
Our legal basis for collecting and processing your personal data depends on the specific data involved and the context in which we collect it. These reasons include:
- When you order service from us, we need to collect personal data in order to fulfill our contractual obligation to you (account management, support, invoicing, etc.).
- We are required by law to collect and process data for financial record-keeping and law enforcement compliance.
- We have legitimate interests which require the collection of personal data in order to operate our business.
- We may collect your data for marketing communications, etc. with your consent. You may also remove your consent at any time.
Storage of Personal Data
The data that we collect from you is stored in the USA, but it may be processed by staff operating outside the US and EEA (European Economic Area) who work for us or one of our affiliates. Such staff may process your data while fulfilling
orders and providing support for your services. By using our services, you acknowledge that your data may be processed outside of the EEA.
Protection of Personal Data
Azoncloud employs a variety of security measures to protect personal data from unauthorized access. However, no part of the Internet can be considered 100% secure.
Your data will be retained and processed as long as it is required to comply with applicable legal, tax, or accounting requirements.
At the end of the retention period, we will either delete or anonymize your data, unless it is stored in a backup archive and isolated from further processing.
Updating, Deleting, and Downloading Your Data
You may update your data at any time either through the client area Account section or by submitting a support ticket. We may require proof of identification in order to change certain data fields.
You may may request that Azoncloud export your personal data by opening a support ticket.
Customers with no active services may request that their account be closed and personal data be deleted from Azoncloud’s databases, with the exception of: billing system access logs, which may be stored for any duration of time at
Azoncloud’s discretion, cases where financially fraudulent or otherwise illegal activity is deemed to have occurred (as determined by Azoncloud management or law enforcement officials), in which case personal information may be retained
indefinitely for purposes of ongoing investigation and prevention of fraud recurrence, or cases where a violation of the Terms of Service has resulted in termination of Customer’s account, in which case personal information may be retained
indefinitely for purposes of prevention of further use of Azoncloud’s services in the future by the offending Customer.
Azoncloud will not delete any data required to comply with our legal obligations and financial requirements, or any data required to resolve disputes and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
We may contact you directly or through a third-party service provider regarding products or services you have ordered from us. We may also send you marketing emails if you have opted-in through the client area. Communication methods may
include: email, text (SMS) message, IRC chat, push notifications, or automated phone calls. Azoncloud does not offer phone support and will not call you directly at any time.
Use of Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We may share aggregate statistical data about our customers with third parties, such as advertisers or suppliers. This aggregate statistical data will not identify you personally.
Your Rights Under GDPR
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the following data protection rights, which you may exercise by contacting us via support ticket:
- Right to Access - You have the right to acess your personal data and to request a data export from us.
- Right to Rectification - You have the right to have any incorrect or incomplete personal data corrected.
- Right to Restrict - You have the right to request the restriction of processing your personal data where there is no legitimate reason for us to do so.
- Right to Object - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where we have no legitimate reason to do so.
- Right to Erasure - You have the right to request the erasure of any personal data we have collected. However, this right does not override our financial and legal requirements to keep certain data (see above).
- Right to Withdraw Consent - You have the right to withdraw consent (unsubscribe) from any marketing communications we may send you.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the EEA.